A food list can help prepare you for the Daniel Fast. For many, deciding what to eat on the Daniel Fast can be overwhelming. Concern or fear can set in when you assume that you’ll have fewer food options.
If you’re thinking this, let me put your mind at ease.
Below is a general list of the foods you can eat on the Daniel Fast. This list is far from complete. Hopefully, by seeing the vast number of options, any concerns you have will disappear. And instead, allow you to focus on the primary mission at hand—to transform your health by eliminating toxic foods, and embracing whole plant foods all while you draw closer to God.
Food List for the Daniel Fast
This food list is categorized by food group. The food groups include: fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, whole grains, legumes, nut and seeds, and herbs and spices.
Click the button below to get a downloadable PDF list along with recipes:
- ackee, apples, apricots, avocado, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, coconut, dragon fruit, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, jackfruit, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangos, melons, nectarines, oranges, papaya, pears, peaches, pineapple, plums, pomegranate, raspberries, starfruit, strawberries, tangerine, tomatoes, watermelon
- acorn squash, artichoke, arugula, asparagus, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, beet greens, beets, butternut squash, collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, bell pepper, bitter melon, bok choy, broccoli, broccoli rabe (rapini), Brussels sprouts, burdock root, cabbage, capers, carrot, cassava, cauliflower, celery, chayote, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, fennel, garlic, hearts of palm, horseradish, Jerusalem artichoke (sunchokes), jicama, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lemongrass, lettuce, mustard greens, onions, parsnip, peppers, plantain, potato, pumpkin, radish, shallots, spinach, sweet potato, swiss chard, turnip greens, yams
- black trumpet, chanterelle, cremini (baby bellas), enoki, lion’s mane, maitake, morel, oyster, porcini, portobello, shiitake, white button
- amaranth, barley, black rice, brown rice, buckwheat, bulger, corn, einkorn, farro, fonio, freekeh, kamut, millet, oats, quinoa, red rice, rye, sorghum, spelt, teff, triticale, wheatberries, whole wheat, wild rice
- adzuki beans, anasazi beans, black beans, black eyed peas, black lentils, brown (green) lentils, cannellini (white) beans, cranberry beans, crowder peas, fava beans, fayot beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, green peas, kidney beans, lima beans, marcella beans, mung beans, navy beans, pink beans, pinto beans, red beans, red lentils, soy curls, soybeans, split peas, tempeh, tofu, yellow pigeon peas
Nuts & Seeds
- almonds, brazil nuts, cacao, carob, cashews, chestnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio nuts, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts
Herbs & Spices
- allspice, anise, bay leaf, basil, black pepper, caraway, cardamom, cayenne pepper, celery seed, chicory, chili pepper, chives, cilantro, cinnamon, clove, coriander, cumin, curry, dill, fennel, fenugreek, ginger, horseradish, lavender, lemon balm, lemon grass, mace, marjoram, mustard, nutmeg, oregano, paprika, parsley, peppermint, poppy seed, rosemary, saffron, sage, sorrel, star anise, spearmint, tarragon, thyme, turmeric, vanilla, wasabi